We've been home for almost two weeks now and luckily things have been pretty low key. We did have one little hiccup this week when Isaac pulled something off of his wheelchair and it banged his fixator, moved a screw and caused his pin site to bleed a little more. We were a little concerned it could have moved the pin alignment in his pelvis and so was his doctor. Thursday we had his orthopedic surgeon check it out. Luckily the x-ray showed that his pins were where they should be internally, but he had loosened all the screws. We got that fixed, had a renal ultrasound which went well and headed home.
The weather has been awesome so we went to the park the other day. Isaac loved barking at the dogs
and Gabe had lots of races around the park in his "Harley" (aka his big wheel).
We have about two weeks left of having this fixator on Isaac. I am trying not to have a countdown as I think it will just make the time go slower, but I really can't wait to have it off. The hardest part about it, is not being able to cuddle him tight. The first thing I am going to do is pick him up and hold him tight!
Until then, we will sit back, enjoy the quieter days we've been having at home and look forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment