Monday, February 11, 2013

The brakes are off

Watch out world.... Isaac knows how to unlock the brakes on his wheelchair.  I learned this the hard way today when I ventured out with the boys to the library.  I got Isaac out and put him in his chair and had him beside the car as I got Gabe out.  This was taking me a little while because Gabe had fallen asleep on the way there.  I look over and and Isaac had unlocked him wheels and was heading toward the parking lot!  I am sure I looked like a crazy woman trying to keep on hand on his chair, while pulling a half awake child out of the car telling him, "wake up, we're here... Isaac stop!"  And to add the chaos Isaac was yelling no and pushing as hard as he could to break free from my grip.  

It continued our little scene in the library.  Isaac being the loud toddler who loves books was yelling, " boooo, booo" at nearly every book he saw.  He would proceed to wheel to every book and try to take it down.  I would hand him a book, he would drop it... and the process would start over.  Thankfully Gabe was quietly attached to the computer game, which worked to my advantage  until it was time to go and I had to tell him about 7 times that we had to go.

Ah, but there was a silver lining.  Gabe got a library card! He was pretty proud.  And we all made it home safely.

I guess I will better prepare for our next library trip!


1 comment: