Welcome to our journal about Isaac, our precious son who inspires us as he travels his journey through life with a contagious smile, a determined spirit and a rare birth defect of his abdomen and spine.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Day 6: Courtney
One day, while checking facebook I was struck by a prayer request so I followed the link. Courtney, a young, single mother was requesting prayers her son young son, Tripp. I went to the blog and from the moment I began reading, I couldn't stop praying and thinking about this family. I can not even begin to share this story, because it is heart wrenching. You will be moved by reading this testimony of a very special mother's unwavering love and courage. Please read it for yourself.
http://randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/
Please pray for Courtney, her precious angel, Tripp and all of the other families that are battling Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa. May God's loving arms comfort them today and always.
I know that Tripp's life was very short. It was too short. I know he has made a huge impact on my life and many, many more. I also know he taught my three year old son a very important lesson. The day I went to the blog, I couldn't stop reading. Gabe, my son came over to me and looked at the computer. At first, I wanted to shield him from the pictures. I wasn't sure how I would answer the questions. But he saw anyway and asked who the boy was. As tears rolled down my face I told him his name was Tripp and that he needed lots of prayers. Gabe nodded and return to play. Later that night, while we recited our standard "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer, Gabe stopped and said, "we have to pray for that boy. We need to pray for his face to get better." My heart stopped for a second and tears welled in my eyes. We prayed for Tripp. We prayed for his face to get better and his body to heal. At that moment, Gabe learned how to truly pray. Thank you Tripp, for touching our lives and teaching us how to pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you for sharing this story, Jill. How special that you witnessed the moment when Gabe learned to pray. I will keep Courtney in my prayers and her angel.
ReplyDelete