We met this little angel when we were trick or treating this year. Grace lives only two streets away from us! Isn't she beautiful!
Last Trick or Treat night we were walking down our street with Gabe, "our little lion" and Isaac, "our little pumpkin." Treat bags were in tow. As we were walking down the street I saw a family ahead of us.... and their little princess was rolling down the street in her wheelchair. My heart stopped because I knew deep down that Isaac would probably need a wheelchair. What were the odds that another child that probably lived near us also needed a wheelchair. After building up some courage I went up to her mom and after sharing that Isaac would most likely need a wheelchair too. She immediately hugged me. We shared stories and I learned that her daughter Grace was born with Spina Bifida and uses a wheelchair and a walker to get around. She is just precious. Meeting Grace and her family that night was such a blessing for our family.
I recently talked with Grace's mom and learned that she is working on "treadmill training" to help her with endurance in her walker. She goes to a nearby preschool that Isaac will likely go to when he gets older.
Today I pray for Grace and her family. I pray her endurance training is successful and I pray that her shunt always works properly and will not need any revisions. I pray for health and miracles of healing upon Grace's body.
Prayers for Grace. Also, how good to know that a loving family nearby is a little farther along on a potentially similar journey.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the thoughtful prayer for Grace. We have been thinking about Isaac and all of you this weekend - happy, happy birthday to your little tough guy! I am going to pray that Isaac and Grace will become friends so that they can know, care for and support one another. Even with all of the love these two have in their lives already, they will need each other and other friends who "roll like them." We will see you soon.
ReplyDelete